Thai Basil Shrimp & Pumpkin Recipe
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb tiger shrimp, peel and devein
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/2 of a small pumpkin
- 1/2 of yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
1. Cut the pumpkin in half and use a spoon to scrape out the fibers and the seeds. Then cut the pumpkin halves into smaller pieces about 1 inch. Boil water in the pot then add pumpkin into hot water and continue to boil it for about 10 minutes until the pumpkin is fork tender, and set a side.
2. Heat your wok over high heat, add the oil. Sear shrimp until just pinked, remove from the wok, and set a side.
3. Add the garlic, red bell pepper, and pumpkin to the wok and stir-fry for about 20 seconds. Then add onions and stir-fry until browned
4. Toss the shrimp back in, along with the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. Stir-fry for another few seconds, and then toss in the Thai basil until it's wilted. Served with Jasmine rice.